Super Single Mom Moments

Whether your going to school, college or working everyday you will find yourself doing something incredible because you are a single mom. I call those Super Single Mom Moments!



Monday, February 15, 2010

Nick Jr. time, a.k.a. mommy work time

Nick Jr. for me is peace quiet and work time for mommy!

As a single mother trying to graduate there are times during the day I just need an hour or so to write a paper or read. Nick Jr. is educational with shows like "Dora the Exploer" that teaches spanish phrases, "Team Umizoomi" that teachese preschoolers math, and shows such as "Wonderpets" that teaches teamwork. It is entertaining to my two, four and even my ten year old. The shows, songs and little songs inbetween are also entertaining to me. Other shows can make me want to buiry my head in a pillow. The shows on Nick Jr. allow me to sit and watch with my children as well as let them watch while I am working.

The fact that it is 24hrs 7 days a week and comercial free is amazing! My schedule isn't 9-5 by any means and I'll never know when I have to fit doing some homework in. I'd like to say I wait until the kids go to bed to do all my homework but the fact is, I am so tired by that point most of what I read wouldn't sink in.

Many of the shows on Nick Jr. appeal to more than just preschoolers. Shows like "Yo Gabba Gabba" have music guests, "The Ting Tings", and regular guests, Jack Black, that appeal to me.

Super Single Mom Moment: Getting work done while listening to shows that I aprove of and don't make me what to bury my head under a pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment